Who's Still Around ?

WD40

I pop in at least every other day, usually.

Somebody has to keep an eye on the crazies here, ya know.

Good to seer ya be, Bud.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Yea it's been long time since i got back on site lol feels good to see there are few of us still checking here every now and then appreciate you folks !!

WD40

Ya know, MJ, things would be better if you could find the time to rip some lips with me. ;)

I hear the whites are starting to show at George West.

MJ21

Ya, I am gonna really have to get out there soon. We have a trip coming up in 2 weeks, going to Germany to visit my brother and his family since they are stationed there. It will be the first time in about 4 years that we are all together for the holidays.

WD40

Going over to gather round the tannenbaum, drink wassail, and sing carols? Hope you all have a wonderful time. Be safe.

Marry Christmas to you and yours

2W2X1

I plan to be active here now that I have found this place. Sure do miss some of my old fishing forums. Moved here a year ago from Commiefornia and been hitting as many fishing places as I can. Had a great first year here catching new species not offered in CA. Next on the list is a gar. I really need to check that off my list.

This past year I got to check off speckled trout and red fish. And I am itching for more!

Looking forward to seeing what is in store for 2019. Tight lines!

WD40

Welcome to the forum and best of luck on finding that gar. Any particular type your looking for? There are spotted, longnose, and the big Daddy Alligator gar available.

2W2X1

Thanks WD! Honestly wasn't aware there were different flavors of them. Is it selfish to say one of each?

Honestly alligator gar was the one I was after, but I'd be happy to catch either.

WD40

Not at all.

I personally haven't caught a gar on rod and reel, but I have bow fished for gar and done OK. Largest to date for me was a 5'2" gator gar from Choke Canyon a number of years ago. I've seen a number a whole lot bigger, but never got an arrow in one.