Winning weekend all around/ Copano Bay

Just like the title states this weekend was on point. To start it all off I couldnt decide if I wanted to go to the lease and sling an arrow at something or go fishing. So saturday I went ahead and stayed in town, took the ol' lady to shoot her new Sig P238 380, then to go watch the Alabama game, which was the first win off the weekend.
Sunday we both woke up early and headed different ways. She had a pee wee cheer competition and I was Copano Bay bound. The morning started off slow with a few undersized trout and rat reds, so around 10 I paddled back towards the launch conteplating heading over towards the refuge or lighthouse lakes. Good thing I stuck with my gut and went ahead and paddled into the wind for an hour so that I could throw out my sock and drift back. Around 11:30 I landed a 10" trout and dropped my anchor real quick and threw the legend poppin cork with new penny with chart gulp shrimp right back in, bam hooked up with a 14 or 15" red. Next cast I get hammered and its running, before i knew it I was almost spooled even tho I had the drag set as high as possible, I tried getting my anchor up but it was too late, leader line snapped. I believe it was an oversized red, because after that I ended up catching 11 more in that same spot, only 20 yards off the back in 2ft of water. One 25", a 21", and two more that were border line but I let them go in hope of catching a better one.... During that time my phone is going off woth text saying my gf's squad won the competition...

Attachments

ething or go fishing. So saturday I went ahead and
Sunday we both woke up early and headed different ways. She had a pee wee cheer competition and I was Copano Bay bound. The morning started off slow with a few undersized trout and rat reds, so around 10 I paddled back towards the launch conteplating heading over towards the refuge or lighthouse lakes. Good thing I stuck with my gut and went ahead and paddle